Rainhard brewing co.
Rainhard Brewing Co. opened in 2015 in a building that was used in the 1940's as a refinery. The brewery has a rustic feel with the exposed ceilings and original glass paned windows. Rainhard brewing is located in the stockyard brewing district, nestled right between Shacklands and Junction Brewery. Rainhard is best known for their barrel aged sour ales and their hard hitting IPA's. Every year they host a Heavy Metal Craft Beer festival and once you try their beer you will understand why. With such a cool name for a brewery you may ask where they got the idea for it. It is actually the last name of the founder, Jordan Rainhard! Swing by their brewery for a few beers or to pick up some cans and bottles from their bottle shop.
Here are some of our favourite beers that you will find at Rainhard Brewing Co.
- Sweetback's Milk Stout - 5%
- The Sweetback's Stout uses lactose sugar in its recipe which brewers yeast is unable to ferment. This results in a delicious blend of chocolate, coffee flavour with just a touch of sweetness on the finish. This stout won the Gold at the 2022 Canadian Brewing Awards.
- Armed N' Citra Dry Hopped Pale Ale - 5.2%
- This Pale Ale has notes of melon, grapefruit and light note of pine. The Citra hop imparts citrus nose and flavour of this beer. Perfect for those dabbling in the world of IPA's but who aren't totally committed yet.
- Satanic Panic - 9%
- An Imperial Stout, the Satanic Panic is infused with cocoa, coffee beans and vanilla which make this dangerously sessionable at a strong 9%. Perfect as a winter warmer.
Rainhard Brewing Co. is located at: 100 Symes Road, Toronto - 416-763-2337
Best Way to Get There?
We recommend taking the TTC, driving, biking or taking a ride share to the brewery. There is lots of available parking